The Lauziere's

The Lauziere's
Our family!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hockey and back to school, what???

It's hockey season again. And that means I am a single parent (pretty much) for the next 5 months or so!  The only thing different about this year is that I am going back to school starting January 17th!  I'm crazy I know... 

Poor John will have to balance hockey and the girls for 11weeks (M-F 8-2pm).  For him it will be hell, for me a little piece of Heaven.  I can't wait to hear him say, "We NEED you, we can't do this without you, I never knew how hard it is..."  You get my drift, right?!  Although I can imagine he will be in a bad mood most days, GREAT! I feel bad for the hockey girls, he will probably skate them a lot, sorry!! (that means sprinting on skates for a LONG time for those of you who don't live in hockey world, like me)

Off to school I go.  I am actually doing the CNA program through Maine Medical Center.  The best part is, it's FREE! AND once I get hired they will give me $$$$ to go back to school to get my RN! Which is my goal, but to have it paid for, even better!

I love being a SAHM, but I'm not going to lie, it's getting old. I feel like I don't appreciate my kids, and what I mean by that is I never get a chance to MISS them! I am ALWAYS with at least one of them!  I will continue to stay home with them, scheduling my future classes around preschool, and such, but I can't wait to be around other adults!  And the $$$ part is also going to help us out.  We budget things now, but when I am and RN making lots of $$$ I can go out and buy whatever I want, yippeeeeee! ( for the most part)  I just won't feel so restricted, you know what I mean??

And I have to go, why you ask...??? Crying and coughing from short and blond, she's up from her 40 minute nap, my poor baby isn't feeling well! :(

I will keep you all updated on school, and everything else!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awesome!!!! I can SO relate to every part of this post, except that I'm NOT going to school. Tell me more about this free schooling?!?!?!

Sue said...

I love your blog. I relate entirely to everything you say about the process of SAHMing "getting old," the guilt associated with that, and missing the cuteness of their baby years. I love the stage the girls are in now, but it does seem like every stage comes with new and exhausting (for the parents!) challenges.

Post a Comment