The Lauziere's

The Lauziere's
Our family!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Picture Day

Ok so this Saturday was supposed to be one of those days that is fun and exciting full of joy, well let's just say it didn't turn out as I expected.  Maybe that's my problem having expectations?  Who knows?


"Picture Day"

Saturday morning:  I get up with Comet at 5ish, have my coffee, clean a little...
6:30 I take a shower by myself while the girls and John slumber! (Whatev)
7:30 I am off to Walmart, and then to Target (by myself) to get Mega Hold  hairspray for Cayden's "perfect ballerina bun", lipstick/gloss, and a new tea set for her AFTER she takes her pictures for dance class!
9ish I'm back and we all play outside enjoying this beautiful sunny day!
12:15pm  I start doing "the perfect ballerina bun" on my dear first born, and she is letting me pull, tug, brush, pin with little complaints! Yippeeee!  And by 12:40 the perfect ballerina bun is born!
12:45 Cayden and I are off the the Dance Studio of Maine for 1:30 pictures!

(Now I have to tell you, I got Cayden a present for after she got her pictures done because bribery works with children most of the time. If that makes me a bad parent, then sign me up for an award, because I use bribery almost everyday.  I feel that I would yell, scream, and spank, a lot more if I didn't use bribery? Comments welcome)

1:00 We get there, and it is chaos!  Good chaos though!  Cayden was so excited to put on her costume like all the other little, and big girls around her!  We got it on, choker tied, hair piece in and she was totally fine! I forgot my camera (of course) but I thought "who cares, I am spending like $25.00 on pictures of her in a few minutes right?!"  Other mom's are taking pictures of all the girls, and taking some for me (bless them!).
1:30 Betsy comes in to get the girls and take them to the other room to get their pictures done.  They chu-chu in and Emma, one of Cayden's little friends is feeling sad, so Cayden grabs her hand and helps her! Awe so sweet!
1:35 Cayden comes back in the room to get me crying, "I don't want to get my picture taken"!

WTH???
I take her back in and try to get her to do her individual picture, no luck.  I tell her her special present is in the truck, and you can have it when you are done. "I don't want it anymore, I want to go home!"  Cayden says.  I tell her if we go home w/o you getting your pictures done, you are going to bed, hoping that would work???  So Betsy asks me to leave, which I didn't want to be in there anyway, so they can get the group picture done, and we can try to get her individual picture done at the end!

1:45 They all chu-chu out and Cayden did not do any picture at all!!!

So I am fuming MAD!  I take her costume off and we leave.  I didn't say one word to her because I felt like I was going to YELL really bad things in front of all the people!

We get to the truck and I tell her she is not getting the tea set that I got her, Taytum is! (I know, but I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad!)  You know what she says when I showed it to her, "I'll go back and do it now mom"!!!  Are you kidding me????

So the way home there was some crying and yelling!  She was crying, and I was doing both!  She went to bed when she got home, and was "punished" to stay in our yard all weekend, and she couldn't play with anyone else in the neighborhood!

I was so upset.  I cried for a long time, uncontrollable sobbing!  It was been a LONG time since I have cried at all, and an even LONGER time since I sobbed like that!  I was so embarrassed!  All of the other little girls listened, and did as they were told.  Why did she not just do it?

I feel like she thinks that if she doesn't want to do something, she doesn't have to.  In certain situations that is a great trait to have, but when it's your parent telling you to do something, and for doing it you get a reward, HELLO, DO IT!  She has such a stubborn personality, and it frustrates me too much I think!

I am still very upset about this photo thing,(can you tell) not only because I won't have the "professional picture" to put in her baby book and look at with pride, and happiness, but also because I can see and feel how much control she has over me.  It's silly to some people I'm sure, but to me it meant so much!

It meant her listening to me, and to other adults, and then seeing the end result...a picture of her and her friends from her first ballet class!

So pray for recital to go better then picture day!


Thank you Denise for sending me this picture(you are so sweet), not a professional, but it's the only thing I have to put in her baby book!

(I'm in trouble from here on out with Cayden I think, and Taytum who knows at this point?!)

3 comments:

Jenn said...

awwww...sorry you didn't get the prof pic. That's a huge bummer! :( And I totally know what you mean about the control thing.

Amy said...

Man that sucks-I was feeling your pain the whole time I was reading =(

And for the record--before G I was all about NEVER using bribery--but I already use it! It is THE only way to get things done, and if anyone says otherwise, they are a LIAR...

And also, this is soooooooooo selfish but I am glad I have you for a resource b/c I have a feeling G is going to be a lot like Cayden!!! Our rascally Scorpios!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I could survive one single day without bribes...hahaa...it's big in my house! :)

I'm sorry that all was so rough, I feel your pain...

Hugs
Kate

Post a Comment